Ishaka Adventist Hospital

P.O. Box 111
Bushenyi, Uganda


Number of Beds: 100
Established in 1950

      Ishaka Adventist Hospital, originally named Ankole Hospital after the predominant tribe in the region, was established in 1950 by European/American missionaries. A frequently overcrowded 100 bed hospital, IAH caters mostly to subsistence farmers who live in the area. It is currently staffed by 3 doctors, 6 clinical assistants and about 55 nurses/midwives/nursing aides. Ishaka Adventist Hospital has benefited from LLU Medical students who not only serve by giving time but also provide monetary donations, medical supplies, minor equipment and surgical instruments.

Find out more about Uganda.